Residency dairies!

It's our day 1 in the residency programme to attend the district residency in nagarjunasagar
It started with zero expectation towards it
With the questions popping my head ,
How will I matter? Will I be able to make difference to the people here?
Will I change ?
With no answers to these questions the journey of residency begun!
Hoping the journey unveils it's own beauty and answers to these questions!
This blog is journey dwelling these questions !

Day1
As the day begun started our journey to the nagarjuna sagar 
Lovely weather and people with warm welcoming hearts showered us purest forms of love 
Innocence and warmth of the people made me realise the value of communication 

As the day passed with few opd 
Cases dealt with no boundaries to the subject /system but the person as a whole
No limitations to the branch or system! 

Evening walk on the roads of sagar dam 
With beautiful panoramic view of the nature made me realise the value of peace 

 Exploring nature and the beautiful weather made us declutter our thoughts and gave fresh new perspective to life.

Made me realise its not always the pace but the direction and journey towards the destination matters!"

Day2

Day starts by hitting the snooze button 
Then small walk towards the dam for a much needed caffeine rush !

During the opd sudden visit from attender of our follow up nephrology patient with lots of love and concern Made me walk to the Dialysis unit here

Dialysis ward here surprised me with it's hygiene ,maintainance ,infrastructure
Dialyser used is being replaced after every Dialysis .
Made me question the need for the better infrastructure and equipment !

As the dawn sets 
Lights off! With laptop on ! Watching movie with people !
Reminded me of good old days ! 


Next day-
As the day started walking towards opd with much clearer thoughts and stress-free mindset gave me inner peace and joy of treating the people ! 
The respect we earn in this society made me realise the responsibility on our shoulders!

Opd made me realise the pivotal role of history and clinical examination in the diagnosis in such low resource settings!

Placebo effect during the treatment made me realise how important the doctor patient relationship is. 

The curvy roads in the night with lights here reminded me of the curvy necklace studded with the diamonds 

As quoted " walk in the nature brings the soul back home" felt so true! 


One fine day!-

The new rejuvenated me ! 
Day began on a positive note from the kind words of the patients 
After few hours of opd with cases 
We then headed to another state! For lunch ( ap)
With ample time in our hand then decided to have a visit to buddhavanam 
The scenic beauty with the lovely breeze brought broad smile on all our faces with the feeling of contentment within!
The paintings, mediation centre , the stupas took us furthur into the realms of bliss!!

The history, writings,paintings here made us feel lucky to have the glimpses of how rich the culture and heritage of India is !


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries worth sharing

45 Y/O female with rash